ABOUT BISHOP DAVID KIGANDA
Bishop Dr. David Kiganda is the Founder of CHRISTIANITY FOCUS MINISTRIES whose headquarters are situated in Kampala City, Uganda, East Africa. Bishop David is the Senior Pastor of Christianity Focus Centre Church, a church whose membership is more than 5,000 people, located in Mengo – Kisenyi, L.C.1 Kiganda Zone (the former largest slum of Kampala city and a vicinity named after him). David Kiganda is also the General Overseer of more than 110 CFC Branch Churches spreading across the nation under the oversight of Christianity Focus Ministries.
Kiganda is the Managing Director of His Kingdom Broadcasting Services ltd / KINGDOM MEDIA a Christian entity that houses 93 Kingdom Fm and KTV, media houses that, has been key in empowering, transforming and impacting the body of Christ with useful knowledge that is communicated through spiritual, educative and entertaining programs over the years.
Bishop David Kiganda is the Founder/Director of Christianity Focus Grammar School, located at Budaali, Namayumba, Wakiso District, which offers free education to more than 420 needy orphan and vulnerable children of Uganda
Bishop David Kiganda is also the president of the National Pastors’ Platform of Uganda a Church Umbrella Organization that brings together a number of Pentecostal Pastors and Churches of different ministries and denominations for purposes of unity, fellowship and accountability and networking.
Through his daily 4:00am to 6:00am Radio ministry, David has managed to inspire Millions of Ugandans, to wake up every morning, to listen to God’s word, to adore, to worship and praise the almighty God, and thereafter prompts them into a daily morning Intercessory prayer, for their needs in replacement of idol worship, which used to be the usual practice of many Ugandans every morning before they could go for their daily duties. This Radio prayer approach has tremendously reduced Idol worship and eradicated Child sacrifice in the Nation of Uganda since the year 2001 to date.
Bishop David Kiganda has had an opportunity to travel extensively to countries like England, USA, Denmark, Norway, Sweden, South Africa, India, Nigeria, Malawi, United Arab Emirates (UAE), South Korea, Israel, Belgium, Zimbabwe, Kenya, Tanzania, Rwanda, South Sudan etc.
STATEMENT OF FAITH
- ONE TRUE GOD—We believe in God, the self existent One, the Creator of all things, and Redeemer of mankind who is infinitely perfect and manifests as Father, Son and Holy Spirit (Isaiah 43:11).
- THE DEITY OF JESUS CHRIST—We believe that The Lord Jesus Christ is the eternal Son of God and shares the Deity of God. He is also truly man, conceived of the Holy Spirit, born of the virgin, Mary, died on the cross as the sacrifice for sin, arose from the dead, ascended into Heaven, and is now at the right hand of the Father as our High Priest and Advocate (Matthew 1:23).
- ORIGINAL SIN AND THE FALL OF MAN—We believe that Man was created in the image of God, but disobeyed and fell from the grace of God. From this fall, sin entered the world and brought death by sin, causing not only physical death but also spiritual death (Genesis 1–3).
- SALVATION BY FAITH—We believe that Man sins because he has a sinful nature. Only through the shed blood of Jesus Christ and His resurrection can man find salvation from the power of sin. This salvation and spiritual life, a free gift of grace from God, can only be obtained by exercising faith in the Person and finished work of the Lord Jesus Christ (Ephesians 2:8–9).
- THE NEW MAN IN CHRIST—We believe that If any man be in Christ, he is a new creature (creation) in the inward man. We are His workmanship, created in Christ Jesus. We are partakers of His divine nature (II Corinthians 5:17, Ephesians 2:10, II Peter 1:4).
- BAPTISM IN THE HOLY GHOST—We believe that a born-again christian can be baptised in the Holy Spirit and have the manifestation of the 9 gifts of the Holy Spirit in their life. The initial evidence of this baptism is the ability to speak new tongues. (Acts 2:4, 1 Cori 12:1-10).
- MIRACLES, SIGNS AND WONDERS—We believe that God is a miracle worker and that miracles still happen in the body of Christ today afterall our Lord told us that the works He did shall we also do and even greater works. (John 14:12)
- MARRIAGE-We believe that Marriage is a God inspired institution, its honorable and must be between a man and a woman. (Hebrews 13:4, Gen 2:24)